11.04.2006

Truffle & Salt: Getting ready for the blogger party


IMG_2811.JPG, originally uploaded by electric stove.

Popcorn is one of my favorite party snacks. Beats opening up a bag of chips, right?

I was thinking about popcorn while I was trolling Crate and Barrel last night. Had to pick up some martini glasses and candles.

Then, I decided I could make the popcorn a bit more exciting. I decided I'd get some Truffle Salt for the popcorn. I didn't realize it was $28 for 3.5 ounces.

After much angst, I picked it up and put it back twice, I decided I'd go for it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy Sherman said...

That stuff is AWESOME. I bought it in Seattle and sprinkle it on my scrambled eggs for the most decadent breakfast ever. I like truffle oil on popcorn. Good stuff.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Good to hear you think its good stuff, Amy. Is this the same brand that you use?

As I thought more about it, it isn't that expensive. We're having 30 food bloggers and guests tonight. Even if we use half of the jar, that's $14 to serve 30 people or less than $.50 a person. That's cheaper than a bag of Lay's chips. Though I'd never serve baged chips at a party, it's cool to think this off-beat truffle popcorn comes in at the same price.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will confess to being hopefully, insanely in love with my Ritrovo truffle salt, and frankly, I usually don't care about gourmand-style ingredients at all. I've had it for well over a year and have barely made a dent in it; I'm sure yours will last a while, too. Favorite uses? Steamed asparagus, whisked into vinaigrettes, eggs, quiches, anything with mushrooms , and of course, popcorn. Enjoy it!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Amy Sherman said...

Yup, the exact same kind. A tiny pinch goes a really long way! If you have any left, try some on mashed potatoes.

To keep it fresh longer the salesperson suggested stashing it in the freezer and only putting a little bit in a shaker type bottle but I haven't done that...

9:18 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I had truffled popcorn for the first time about a month ago - it was incredible: snacky, but chichi!

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home