3.15.2006

One liner recipes from LA

I'm a loyal reader of the New York times Wednesday Dining In section, but it isn't doing much for me lately. The Times is stuck under a snow bank somewhere going on and on about winter squash and I need a change. Inspired by The Wednesday Chef, I wandered West to the LA Times food section and found a story that captures just the kind of cooking and recipe sharing I like best.

Amy Scattergun's story titled "Ridiculously simple and crazy good" talks about "one liner cooking." She explains that these are "Not a recipe at all so much as a little story, passed from one person to the next, about a few ingredients and what to do with them."

She offers these "one liners" for wine braised short ribs, sweet pea soup and more. Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home