4.23.2007

Congratulations on your cookbook, Sara Kate

Photo_04.jpg


My copy of The Greyston Bakery Cookbook by Sara Kate Gillingham-Ryan just arrived. Sara Kate is my editor at Apartment Therapy: Kitchen. I'm going to sneak out for a longish lunch to enjoy the sun and her new book.

The cookbook shares recipes and stories from Greyston Barkery, a Yonkers, NY shop that employs local community members who may not otherwise have jobs.

Greystone's mission statment says: "For two decades, Greyston Bakery has blended ingredients - creamy butter, personal transformation, and community renewal - in Yonkers, NY . . ."

I met with my friend AS, a priest in her early 30s ("my age!" as We Like Sheep likes to exclaim), yesterday for Thai food in Hell's Kitchen. We talked a book she's working on and about my interests around the intersection of faith and economoics, the meeting of good business and good works. Greyston Bakery is a delicious example of that.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this book is on my list... i almost picked it up this weekend, but was lured away by sunday suppers at lucques.

11:26 AM  
Blogger John Lute said...

If you want to try your luck in winning money, then you can try wheel of fortune slot game, but be careful with it, because you can lose money.

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home